Thursday, February 9, 2012

SHORT STORY SUCCESS

Finally I have launched off the starting blocks and made my first short story sales for 2012. I had my fingers crossed and there was a whisper of a prayer as I started up my computer this morning. Oh the joy when I read the email from You magazine accepting two short stories. High five's all round!

Note to self: In future when those short story acceptances are few and far between, keep writing. Push through the disappointment and dejection. Ignore that little voice that keeps asking, 'Why are you doing this again?' Keep writing. Keep submitting. Re-read, re-work those rejections. Be on the lookout for new markets. Always remember that panic is not an option. Doubting oneself is not helpful. Belief is the key that makes the magic happen - makes it real. Do the best that I can do and when it does fall in to place it is all worth it... like today :-)

Never give up.

Keep writing....

22 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Diane. Keep writing. I've just written three more. One on line now, for leap year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie. It's times like these and the way it makes me feel that I wish I could bottle it up. I will be over at your blog soon x

      Delete
  2. I'm so pleased for you, Diane - and you're right, we just have to keep writing and sending them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosemary. I am so relieved. I really was beginning to doubt myself. I so much love to write short stories and the acceptances makes the world of difference to me (probably to us all). I had a lovely surprise this morning. Jill from The Weekly News accepted another short story. I feel like I am dreaming! x

      Delete
  3. Brilliant Diane - well done. Keep at it, that's the only way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lots Maggie. I am feeling motivated right now and will take advantage of that today. I've got a short story draft to type up today. x

      Delete
  4. Excellent news. Congratulations!

    Yes, belief is the key. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley - thank you. Yes, I must keep remembering that 'belief is the key'. x

      Delete
  5. You see - from every little peak there's always a big one in sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh my wise friend Mr V. Thank you. I do see now. x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Diane. What wonderful news and also wonderful advice that you dispense to all the writers out there. Thank you for stopping by my blog via Val's blog, A Mixed Bag. Hope to see you again soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mr Shife for stopping buy and leaving such a lovely comment. I really appreciated that. I definitely will be stopping by your blog again - you gave me such a laugh last time I was there :-)

      Delete
  7. Diane, linked to you via blogaboutwriting and have become a 'foll0wer'. Congrats on being the lucky number and winning the Simon Whaley book, and bigger congrats on your short story sale, surely the first of many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Julia - thank you for dropping by, becoming a follower and leaving a lovely comment. I won the Simon Whaley book? Really? I not long woke up and thought I'd check for some good news... Wow.. I'm rapt! Thanks Julia x

    ReplyDelete